This collection allows many types of card projects – just let your imagination go wild.
The collection is further enhanced with flowers and leaves to decorate your creations.
together with a key and keyhole that can be set within a scalloped frame or stacked set of frames. Scalloped frames are also very useful to highlight a favourite image.
A handy small rectangle block with crease lines is included to give the facility to create more card shapes such as top opening hearts, internal hearts that open by using this connection piece and to fold into a ‘W’ shape to stabilize your card designs from opening too wide, also used as a tag – such a useful little piece.
Product contents include:
1. Main Base Frame with suspended heart and foldable sides
2. Decorative Frame (1) Hearts Entwined
a. Hearts Entwined layer with centre aperture
b. Hearts Entwined side panel
c. Hearts Entwined small heart
3. Decorative Frame (2) Captive Hearts
a. Captive Hearts Layer with centre aperture
b. Captive Hearts side panel
c. Captive Hearts small heart
4. Solid small heart base
5. Key with frame
7. Star Flower large and small
8. Five petal flowers large and small
9. Five-point flower large and small
10. Pointed leaf
11. Double leaf open
12. Double leaf solid
13. Set of 3 scalloped oval frames
14. Set of 3 solid ovals
15. Rectangular joining piece
16. Fancy border and frame
Floating Heart Card with Opening Doors
• Cut 3 main base pieces in your chosen colour
• Cut 4 Decorative large hearts
• Cut 4 Decorative frames
To form the opening doors – Take 1 base piece and crease straight down the centre and fold in half matching the pattern and glue. Score on the left-hand side using the outer score line. Cut off the right-hand folding piece on the outer score line.
Repeat on the second piece and score down the centre leaving a right-hand folding piece and cut off the left-hand folding piece as before.
Take your left-hand half heart piece and fold around your third back base piece and glue
Take your right-hand half heart piece and fold around your third base back piece and glue.
Take 2 decorative frames and crease down the middle and fold in half then glue onto the left and right opening doors. Continue to decorate by adding your full decorative frames to the main base piece front and back.
Add your full decorative hearts to the main base front and back.
Crease your other 2 decorative hearts in half and glue onto your left and right folded half hearts. Add the small decorative heart piece built up into a ‘chipboard’ effect in the centre of the large main heart on the back base and the doors will close nicely encasing the raised effect heart.
Add flowers and leaves to decorate as you wish. We used the little rectangle piece as a tag and added the keyhole mounted on a scalloped frame and the decorative key to show it had opened the heart.
Side Opening Cards – The main piece has a suspended solid base heart in its centre and score lines left and right to allow for right and left opening cards. Simply remove whichever fold side you wish. Keeping both folded sides also allows you to make Theatre type deep sided cards with aperture. There are 2 score lines at either side for you to choose the depth of your page.
• Then take your choice of patterned frames and apply to your base piece front and back.
• Add the matching decorative heart layer to the plain heart on your base piece front and back.
• Add the smaller matching heart into the aperture which can also be raised up slightly using foam pads or layered to make a solid ‘chip board’ type embellishment.
• Cut a piece of matching card stock to size 21cm x 17.5cm for the back of your card
• Score main piece on left hand side and fold
• Attach front piece to back piece by gluing folded over edge
• Apply matching decorative strip or frame on the reverse of your card – this creates beauty both back and front of your completed card.